Thursday 5 April 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

A few of the things I like this week.

When the boiler broke, the Thoughtful Man moved the garden bench from the front of the house, to give more room to go back and forth.
Now it is in the back garden. I really like the look of it there and seeing it when I look out the dining room window.

I like this bench a lot. It  used to be at my mother-in-law's house...having belonged to her husband (who I never met). I have no idea how they managed it, but somehow it was packed into the car with other things when Mum went into a nursing home. A nice reminder for my husband of his dad.
Not sure if it will stay, because there is a Buddleia to the left as you look at it. and a Black elderberry bush (a bit like this) in the corner behind.

I like these marks. photos from the autumn.
Buggy wheels and footprints in front of South Hill park entrance.
with the stone semi-circles, as well.

Actually, another like...that last photo is evidence of my photo programme. I use it all the time. Very cool to be able to put both photos together. I know I don't use half the features and the ways I do use some of them are  probably not the easiest or best way. But Paint Shop Pro generally does enough to suit my needs.

8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy,
Those buggy wheel marks are so cool! And what is the purpose of those stone semi-circles? They look rather like an obstacle course - for said buggies. That bench looks so inviting there in the garden, but I suspect it might be pushed out a bit. ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I like the bench too. I agree the marks and foot prints are awesome, as are the semi circle. Great photos.

LA Paylor said...

what a pretty vignette to look out on. And the sentiment is important too. I've heard of elderberry fruit, on Keeping up Appearances, Hyacinth bought some elderberry wine! Never saw the fruit though. Thank you for bringing some likes into our world!

PaintedThread said...

Your garden looks lovely. Neat photos. And I like the nifty technology that stitches photos together. Those stone balls are interesting.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Benches are so inviting especially in a garden. Especially nice to have one with such sentimental value.
Interesting photos...I too am experimenting with some techniques but have a ways to go!

Angie said...

Benches are one of the best items ever invented for gardens ... shouldn't we be taking the time to sit and enjoy our gardens!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great photos! I wouldn't be worry about the bushes near the bunch (which I love by the way), you can always move the bench. My black lace elderberry is about 12 feet tall, I don't see many people around here with them so it was exciting to read you have one! Have a wonderful week!

Angie in SoCal said...

What an interesting installation. Good to know about Paint Shop Pro. Blessings,