Monday 3 October 2016

Colette Rue - my version

Then, having completed 'Tears' and submitted to SAQA before the end of September and even before bedtime on Friday - with help from Mr. Thoughtful who did the photos.... Why do I always do work that cameras can't focus on? ...fabric, rust, quarts crystals, what do you mean focus?
...
I then worked ALL day Saturday to make the dress for the 3rd round of the Pattern Review Sewing Bee. Okay 10:30am start, but that is early for me to get in here to work. and 15min for lunch and a bit of time to make dinner. So, 10:30am started cutting and completed the review at 12:30am late night.
If you want more of the details, you can read it here. As you remember, we were to make a garment using a Colette Rue dress pattern which was provided.

Never again will I cut and make a whole lined dress in one day, Thankyouverymuch.

And here are some photos.
Keep in mind they were taken at 11pm and thereafter.

front

back

detail

2 comments:

Cda00uk said...

It was worth the effort, though!

Sandy said...

Oh thanks Celia!
I am not too comfortable with my shape at this point, so to make this thin youthful dress into something to fit me took a lot of courage.
Sandy