Tuesday 19 May 2015

New Ramshackle - 2

So, this was the back fabric I thought I would use. It went very well with the centre of the sun circles.
However, the sun circles were too strong to use this for a back fabric. Not enough contrast to see the lines of the houses.

Here is the fabric I am using now.

Compare the difference from yesterday.

Yes, I would have chosen that colour to start with if I had it in cotton. However, this is a polyester crepe de chine - or microfibre. It will probably cause problems with the sewing, but it is the right colour.

2 comments:

365 Dresses said...

What a huge difference! Some of the newer microfibre fabrics are easier to sew than the older ones. Maybe you won't have too much difficulty with it.

Maggi said...

Definitely prefer this version. There's more contrast.