Sunday 5 April 2015

And the bead keeps going on...1-4 April

Week 14 April 2015

This month I am beading onto these shaped, coloured springs. I had tried this one other time but couldn't get a system going and abandoned it. This time I was able to work out a plan. The first one took ages, but half of that was tangled thread. So, I think I have a procedure now that doesn't take as long.

no91


no92


no93


no94


I am not being so precise about whether there are 5 or 6 arches. But the main difference in each colour set is the bead between the arches. I wanted to used my facetted beads. So with each colour set, there is the main colour in the arch and then an additional colour between. Some won't be so close in colour like the gold ones are. The colour of large seed bead will be gold or silver, depending on the colour set and how well I think they go!

2 comments:

365 Dresses said...

These are wonderful! Very clever use of the springs.

Cda00uk said...

These are great! I'm not sure of the scale, but they look like they'd make great brooches with a pin on the back.