Tuesday 14 October 2014

September Journal Quilt

Yesterday I was able to get back to the letter journal quilt I started the other day.

I am calling it S is for Snowdrop. The snowdrop is special to us because it is similar to our surname. I had a snowdrop brooch my MIL gave me one time but I haven't seen it for ages. I have a feeling it came off of my coat one time several years ago.

I was quite surprised at how easy it was to thread paint the flower on the metallic. But possibly it didn't shred because I had fused the silver fabric to another fabric. The difficult thing was that the slight puckering doesn't press out well. Of course the camera picks shows them up a lot more than is visible when you look at it in person.

I used felt again for the wadding. I do like the weight and feel of it, but this acrylic craft felt is a bit hard on needles because it sort of goes 'punch, punch'.

It is not so easy to see, but I stitched white translucent beads onto the middle portion of the S using a light green thread. It helps to bring the colours of the flower over to the Blue letter.

No comments: