Monday 6 October 2014

on the design board

I still have visions of garments dancing in my head, but am ready for a change. So, back to 'work'. (The garment thing was meant to be a rest. As you see, I don't seem to be able to manage rest.) Anyway, I still mean to do photos and show the garments finished and being worn. However, the blood test I had last week was a rather difficult process and at the moment I don't think you want to see me in a sleeveless blouse with purple 'elbow pits '! Or whatever they are called.*

Anyway, here is another of the journal quilts in process.

Not quite Around Britain, but I thought I might do a modernised Illuminated Manuscript using blingy fabrics. The silver fabric does have a pale gold image of London.

I used the paper S as a stencil with the soldering iron to cut the fabric and thus eliminate the notorious fraying of this kind of fabric.
I am going to stitch in the space to the right, but am thinking it through for now.

*Hmm, I see that an elbow pit is called a cubital fossa.

No comments: