Thursday 4 September 2014

August Journal Quilt

I have a list of subject matter I am thinking of using for these journal quilts. A few more ideas than there are months of the year. So, I thought I would combine one of the sports with one of the classic images which come to mind when you think of the United Kingdom.

So, here it is in development stage -

The White Cliffs of Dover with an (imaginary) Sailing scene. Sailing and boating are a few of the UK sports we are known for our success in events like the Olympics. And quite reasonable being located in the British Isles.

It is useful to take photos of work in development because you can see things that need attention. once I added the photo here *, I realised I needed to knock back the darker lines on the chalk cliff. In reality there are darker areas, but the over all look is that it is nearly white. I thought a bit of white colour pencil would be good here.

I will show you the finished piece tomorrow.

*(I began these posts in draft mode the other day because I had to add description to the photos when I uploaded it for the CQ deadline. So it helped me work out what I wanted to say.)

No comments: