Friday 28 June 2013

Visible Horizon finished

and in the post!

Got the sleeve on and spent some time trying to get a decent photo...not so easy with a larger piece because you have to be further away to get it all in the frame...then either the top or the bottom is out of focus or in shadow.

Anyway!
Here is Visible Horizon, my entry for the Contemporary Quilt exhibition to be at Festival of Quilts this August. Click on the image to see it larger.


The Horizon you can see depends on Location and your Point of View.

I adapted a scientific explanation about the distance to the horizon to make it more of an epigram or witticism.

And a detail photo.

I am linking this to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday. Go over and see what other creative people have been up to.

4 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

This is just fabulous Sandy!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am so impressed with this series- so beautiful, and so technically effective! Beautiful...

Karen S Musgrave said...

Sandy, I love it! Truly wish I could see it up close and in person!

Sandy said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am enjoying developing this series.
Sandy