Tuesday 18 June 2013

Postcard 14

The internet was a bit random yesterday, so I didn't post. I have some other things to show, but wasn't too well today.
My Thoughtful man decided to have a day off and we went to the garden centre in the afternoon and bought an on sale apple tree. Which already has apples growing! which is much more than I can say for the one we have. It thought about having blossoms but the weather convinced it otherwise.
So this one is sort of a dwarf one as far as we can tell, (it hadn't got much by way of a label). And as it already had numerous apples growing, he potted it on into a large pot. We will see if the other apple tree decides to produce next year. If not, we may replace it with this one.

Anyway, I made another postcard for my family member.
Again, like last time, it was a scrap of fabric which I have drawn into with Triplus fineliners. It is a bit interesting how some fabrics allow the ink to bleed into the cloth and some don't. I think it has a bit to do with how dense the weave is.

No comments: