Sunday 30 June 2013

"And the Bead Goes On..."

24-30 June

Due to the frantic last minuting on the Horizons piece, I am behind on these this week...oh no, and it is the half-way mark!
But not to worry, I will finish them this afternoon and will still be within the remit of sometimes being allowed to get ahead or get behind.

I also had the Offcuts sewing group Saturday afternoon and spent the whole time pinning and re-pinning my pattern on almost but not quite size piece of fabric. It took me from 12:30 to about 4:55 to get to the point where I cut out one piece! I should have started with one of the larger size bits of fabric, but I quite fancied a sleeveless blouse out of that one.

And so, once home, I was trying to catch up with the beads on Saturday night but it was just ending up more haste, less speed. and then a bead from the first round broke when I was going round for the 3rd pass, so I decided that was enough of trying to save face.

as my husband's mother used to say - 'my head is full of broken biscuits.'

Check back Sunday night to see if I managed to catch up! or if the brain is still AWOL.

By the way, the Horizons piece was due the 1st July. I posted it Friday and got word it had already arrived on Saturday. SO one thing worked out!

***I caught up, but need to do photos. We spent a long time on the phone with my son who is in America.

No comments: