Sunday 9 June 2013

"And the Bead Goes On..." 3-9 June

2013 - Week 23 Daily Beads

I mentioned last week I am beading onto washers this month. I intended to use locking washers, but had only been able to develop the ones with the points inward.

I took a bit more time on Monday and worked out a better plan for the ones which point outward. The companion to the one I tried,(pointing in) was also difficult, so it may have been the bead size.

Here are the 2 trial ones which worked (I showed the first one last week)

So, now I have matching pairs to go with no. 152

I had run out of the metallic greeny-blue beads from a blend of beads by this point, so tried these other green ones. Of course this is very close up, at a distance they look more like they match.

and 153 from last week.


and now for this week

no.154

no.155


no.156


using some multi-coloured metallic beads for the next few. They look one colour but when they roll around they look a completely different colour. I usually like to select the same colour, so I thought using these combined with a single colour bead would be a good way of using them up. - I used silver with them for 155. So went back to it for the rest of the week. With pink, then purple, then bronze and then copper.

no.157


no.158


no.159


no.160

and it worked! I only have 3 misshapen beads left from the multi-coloured ones.

2 comments:

Linda M said...

These are so cool, I never would have thought to bead washers.

Sandy said...

Thanks Linda. I think you could bead on anything! LOL Or anything ;-)could be a bead if it had a hole.
Sandy