Friday 24 May 2013

Lady Sew-Forth - finished

Well, Lady Sew-Forth got finished. I am pretty happy. This might be one I actually hang on the wall instead of putting away in a cupboard.


I did learn how to do the mitred straight strip binding corner I was trying to do. I am not sure I will do it again, but I got the hang of it by the 4th corner. And thanks to some curious questions by Irene, I realised that I have other options even if I haven't got the measurements right for a continuous binding. It may not be the normal choice, but I thought of some ways around it - like making up joins in the middle of the side and treating the corners as continuous. Yes, probably making my life harder, but those measuring things just don't seem to get into my head very easily.

I think a whole lot of this has to do with the fact that I never properly learned quilting, I hung out on quilt lists, looked at things other people did and found the odd bit and piece online or in magazines...and made the rest up in my head!

(Okay, but I do know how to do most of whatever you might imagine needing to know how to do about dressmaking! So, we all have our own speciality.)

I mentioned the other day that I decided Lady Sew-Forth would be a good candidate to send off for the Stretching Art exhibition. This, my friends, is not due until the end of August! So, I am too amazed with myself that I have both Swamp Dragon and Lady Sew-Forth sorted for this!

But everything happens for a reason doesn't it? I may be involved in another big project that I was approached about this week, so I am glad they are done and out of the way. I have a couple other things I want to get underway and mostly finished in the next couple weeks. and things will be well in hand to do anything else that may come up!

I am linking this to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

No comments: